This course introduces some of the great figures in the history of Christian Spirituality. Common themes of personal transformation and of relationship with God, self and others will emerge across a wide time period from the third to the twentieth centuries. The focus on six figures and movements will allow portions of the texts to be examined in some detail, as well as following wider spiritual themes.
Lectures by Dr Gemma Simmonds & Dr Edward Howells
Thursdays, from 5.15 om to 6.45 pm
- 18th January: Introduction; what is spirituality? Texts and methods
- 25th January: Augustine, Confessions
- 1st February: Monastic Spirituality/Celtic Spirituality
- 8th February: Julian of Norwich
- 15th February: Eckhart & Hajdewich
- 29th February: Teresa of Avila
- 7th March: Etty Hillesum & drawing together themes from the course.
Discounted Price £200
Full price: £230
The course is open to all who are interested in enriching their knowledge in Christian Spirituality, with no prior study required.
The course will be recorded and related course information will be available on an online platform.
If you require any further details please email Adele at: email@example.com