Supporters of theological education for Catholic women come from a wider range of interests than might be imagined.
- Professor Nicholas Lash
- Professor Mary McAleese
- Baroness Masham of Ilton
- Fr Timothy Radcliffe OP
- Lord Williams, Master of Magdalene College, Cambridge and former Archbishop of Canterbury
Our Founding Patrons comprised the first Board of the Institute, coming from international congregations of women:
- Adrian Dominicans
- Congregation of Jesus
- Society of the Holy Child Jesus
- Society of the Religious of the Sacred Heart
- School Sisters of Notre Dame
- Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur
- Sisters of Charity of St Paul the Apostle
- Sisters of La Retraite
- Canonesses of St Augustine
- Faithful Companions of Jesus
- Institute of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Loreto)
We are also grateful to the many other orders and congregations who have provided encouragement, financial support and sisters to teach, give spiritual direction and offer advice. They include the Sisters of Mercy and the Carmelites of Quidenham.
The Institute has benefited greatly from the generosity of many Trusts, including:
- Edith Bessie Gibson Trust
- Stella House Trust (CWL)
- Charlotte Marshall Trust
- Sir Harold Hood Trust
- Porticus UK and Porticus Europe
- The Harding Bequest via the Diocese of Arundel and Brighton
- Kennedy Trust
Many individuals have supported the Institute with one-off donations, with annual gifts, by JustGiving or by subscribing to our regular giver scheme by downloading our Regular Giver Form.
Graduates of the Institute are among our best supporters, simply by being ambassadors for its purpose and methods. But we are also glad of the practical support that some are able to give on a regular basis – for example, as Chair of the Council, as a Trustee, as Editor of the newsletter, or as contributors to the programmes, drawing on their experience to inspire others. Our Silver Jubilee year sees the launch of an Association for Past Students, headed by
Susanne Jennings. To get in touch email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here.