Research Profile April 2023
- At present Research Associate, Margaret Beaufort Institute of Theology, Cambridge, UK.
- Previously Senior Lecturer and Dean of Postgraduate Studies, Heythrop College, University of London.
- Christian spirituality, its theology and practice.
- Interfaces between literature, theology, philosophy, ethics and religious faith and practice.
- Leading member of the Power of the Word international academic research project (powerofthewordproject.com) concerned with fostering interdisciplinary conversations among scholars and advanced students in literature, philosophy, religion, theology, ethics, spirituality.
- 2022, Paper at Margaret Beaufort Research Seminar on Pope Francis, Let us Dream and discernment of spirits.
- Planning and organizing the next Power of the Word international conference to take place at the Sapienza University in Rome in September 2024 (see website above).
Recent Academic Publications
- ‘Prophecy and the Poetic Word’ in Mark S. Burrows, Hilary Davies, Josephine von Zitzewitz (eds) Prophetic Witness and the Reimagining of the World, Routledge, 2021.
- Francesca Bugliani Knox and David Lonsdale (eds), Poetry and the Religious Imagination: The Power of the Word, Ashgate, 2015.
- Editing papers from the previous (online) Power of the Word Conference of June-July 2021 on the subject of ‘The Call of Literature’, to be published by Routledge
- I have also recently written and submitted to Routledge a proposal for a Power of the Word Series of books and a proposal for a first volume in this series. These proposals are currently being considered by the publishers’ Editorial Committee and I have been reliably informed that the signs of the proposals being accepted are favourable.