Dr Dominic White OP
Acting Director of Research
STL Institut Catholique, Paris (2011)
PhD Imperial College, London (2000)
MA Pembroke College, Cambridge (1997)
Theology of the arts, non-verbal and experiential aspects of liturgy, sophiology (Wisdom theology), environmental theology
Acting Director of Research, Margaret Beaufort Institute of Theology, Cambridge
Research Fellow, Kirby Laing Centre for Public Theology
How Do I Look: Theology in the Age of the Selfie (London: SCM, 2020).
The Lost Knowledge of Christ: Contemporary Spiritualities, Christian Cosmology and the Arts (Collegeville: Liturgical Press, 2015).
With Liam Hayes: Views from the Pews: Towards a Theology of Catholic Experiences of the Liturgy (book of the 2022 conference of the same name, Centre for Ecclesial Ethics, Margaret Beaufort Institute) (St Mary’s University Press, 2023/24) Recordings here:
- Introduction: Deep Attentive Listening for a Synodal Church. Fr Liam Hayes, Director of the Central for Ecclesial Ethics, Margaret Beaufort Institute of Theology VIDEO 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r26KA9JJfS8
- The Testimonies: a video mosaic, and written testimonies (read by Fr Dominic White) VIDEO 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOGoKHwJOZg
- A Response Through Sacred Art and Architecture of the Church: Recovering its Context. Canon Robin Gibbons, Emeritus Lecturer in Eastern Christianity and Liturgy, Oxford University; priest of the Melkite Catholic Church VIDEO 3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yX2xWENw4k
- The Experience of the Mass as Multi-Sensory: Liturgy, Catechesis, and Children’s Interpretations. Dr Medi Volpe, Director of Research, Wesley House, Cambridge; Assistant Professor of Theology & Ethics, University of Durham VIDEO 4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmbLUiOaREY
- An Eastern Orthodox Perspective. Archpriest Paul Elliott, Rector of the Parish of St Elisabeth the New Martyr, Wallasey, and Chancellor of the Diocese of Great Britain and Western Europe (Russian Orthodox Church Outside Europe) PDF 5 Fr Paul Lecture
- To Come to the Liturgy: Sound, Architecture and Church. Sr Marie Trainar OP, Monastery of St. Catherine of Siena, Langeac, France (translated by Fr Dominic White OP) PDF 6 Sr Marie Trainar
- Gathering the Threads: Good and Bad Diversities. Fr Dominic White OP, Acting Director of Research, Margaret Beaufort Institute of Theology / Blackfriars, Cambridge. Plenary discussion follows. VIDEO 7 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3epBIoo7fg&t=1345s
A Dominican friar and Catholic priest, Fr Dominic is assigned to the Priory of St. Michael at Blackfriars, Cambridge. He is a composer, and co-founder of the Friends of Sophia group.